Monday 5 January 2009

New Year

5th January, and I'm back at college. Had a great Christmas and I'm raring to get some work done. I should recap on what blogs I have missed.

The last week before Christmas, we attended a master class at Dixons College. A production team came in and listening to them was very interesting. They offered advice on how to get in the media as well as offering cool tips on each particular area of their individual expertise. The hall they held the class in was much more comfortable to sit in than our contextual studies lessons. The place was cleaner and the seats were much more comfortable. 

The last day of Contextual studies had a 60's theme to it. We arrived in 60's gear and learnt about pop art and the impact it had then and now. We looked at some famous pieces and looked how it linked to the music in the 60's. We had ourselves a Christmas party afterwards, which was enjoyable.

We also presented our pitch for the video we are now going to plan and shoot. We got positive feedback and I feel we presented well. I didn't stutter and I spoke clearly and occasionally gave eye-contact. We presented effectively. My aim was to not make it boring, so we showed a Brainiac clip and I was not too formal in my presentational style. I was a little poor in planning, as some members of the group didn't know when to say what, because I forgot to tell them. I also could have ended the slideshow a bit better by the way of a conclusion. 

We're now going to film our 5 minute films on our chosen subjects. We'll be doing a lot of planning today, and for the rest of the week, we'll be doing a lot of filming. It will be a challenge, but that's a good thing.


No comments: